History of Lamma Island
1826 - Tin Hau temple constructed at Sok Kwu Wan village. Dedicated to the protector of fishermen this important building still stands.
1898 - Lamma Island comes under British Colonial rule as part of the "New Territories"
1945 - Location of torpedo boats by the Japanese Navy. Tunnels associated with them are still seen on the island.
1960s - Public Piers constructed on the island making transport to and from Hong Kong island much easier.
1978 - Completion of Hong Kong Electric Co power station.